Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm moving.

Today, in fact. There wouldn't be so much pressure on this day if I'd been moving my stuff slowly during the week like I meant to do. I didn't, so tallyho! I've always considered myself a pretty low-maintenance human being, but my incessant need for boxes is getting a little ridiculous.

I ordered a new computer! It's not a dreamy Mac or anything, but I think it'll be great. And get this: a 20" monitor is just included. Ahh. 4 June 2008 marks 2 great things.

(note: Every part of me wants this.)

Things I'll miss about The Fort: A Tribute

- The weird smell that happens when it's warm outside.

- The totally retro, yellow kitchen.

- How's it's always messy and lived in.

- My gigantic window;
- Being able to sleep with my blinds/window open because it's so high up.
- Seeing the Old Main "A" from it.
- The way the street lights light my room at night.

- The location! Like, seriously. Primo for biking from place to place.

- The nicest landlord ever.

- The neighborhood kitten-turned-cat we've all watched grow up.

- Spying on the crazy neighbor lady. So many suitors.

- I've found maybe three spiders in my year there.

- It's just... great. Kind of a hole, but it was my hole.

3 comments:

Kylee said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog, I didn't know you had one too, hope you don't mind that me and Brod found it. That golden mac is crazy! is there really such a thing? And are you serious that you only ever saw 3 spiders in your apartment? I would live there for that reason only. Sorry we didn't get the message to come help you move! Brody didn't get it until today.

Kylee said...

p.s. do you know how to get music to play on your blog? I've been trying forever to figure it out, and it's really complicated so I've just given up.

Shauna said...

I can see the A from my bedroom! Awesome.